Friday, January 28, 2011

The Beginning...

Hi There!
Welcome to my brand new blog!  I love to cook and bake and I wanted to be able to share my favorite recipes. I have lots of old family recipes and I love to try new ones so this will blog will document my adventures in the kitchen!
I live in a little apartment in downtown Vancouver. Which is great, close to the ocean, it has a great view but there is one small issue...My Tiny Oven!
I called my blog My Tiny Oven for a reason!  The oven in this place is a very small apartment sized oven. I can't even get a full sheet pan in there, not even a regular sized half sheet pan! I am always on the look out for small pans and roasters that will actually fit in there!  I often refer to it as my easy bake oven! (which I never had as a kid, but always wanted!)
But it works and I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes with the world.
hope you like them!

To start it off I am going to share my favorite Banana Bread recipe! My BFF Brenda gave me this recipe years ago! its the best! I often buy bananas just to leave them on the counter for a week till they turn brown so I can make it!
The stuff you will need:
1c mashed bananas
1c sugar
¼c veg. oil
½c sour cream
2eggs, beaten
c flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
½tsp salt
1c chocolate chips or chopped nuts
 (optional)

Mix first 5 ingredients together. mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. blend dry into wet until just combined.
fold in chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
bake at 350 degrees in greased loaf pan for 75mins. or until toothpick comes out clean.
cool for 5 mins in pan then turn onto rack to cool fully.
freezes very well!

Here's a pic of the final result!



ps. I just got a brand new nikon D5000 camera so I am hoping that will improve my photos!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. 350 degrees. sorry first post! guess I was still learning! thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete