Friday, February 25, 2011

Fresh Salsa

I made chicken quesadillas yesterday, they were so good. I wanted to make my own fresh salsa because I never have and it seemed like a good thing to do. It turned out really well, I may never buy salsa again. The salsa was so fresh tasting, and I was able to adjust the ingredients to highlight the flavors I like best.
I substituted parsley for the usual cilantro cause I have this thing about cilantro... I kinda hate it. It just tastes weird to me. It's ok in small quantities with other things but I don’t like it as a main flavor, the parsley worked really well, added that herby freshness I was looking for.
You need:
3 ripe tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 jalapenos, finely minced
3 tbsp red onion, chopped
3 tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro if you like it, chopped
1 lime, juiced
Salt/pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together adjust salt and pepper and lime juice to taste.
Refrigerate for a couple hours to let the flavors meld.
I would say that this salsa was mild to medium hotness, so if you wanted it hotter you could add in some of the seeds from the jalapeno, or use a hotter pepper.
This was so fresh and tasty I just wanted to eat it with a bag of Tostitos, good thing I didn’t have any!
Maybe I will go buy some now!
Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment