Friday, February 18, 2011

My Favorite Breakfast Sandwich

It's the weekend! I love weekends. Don't you? On weekdays I usually have a thrilling breakfast of cheerios and yogurt! Very exciting! On the weekend I have more time and no where to be so I can make my favorite breakfast sandwich.
I am obsessed with english muffins lately so I made mine on a sourdough one today, but you can use regular bread if you prefer.
You can use any veggies or meat you like but here are my favorites,
1 english muffin or bread, toasted
2 eggs
1 tbsp of milk
1 green onion, chopped
2-3 mushrooms, slices thinly
2 slices of bacon (I like the turkey bacon, its less messy and quicker!)
salt/pepper

Other things I sometimes add, grated cheddar cheese, finely chopped red or green pepper, fresh herbs, diced ham, regular bacon, or a breakfast sausage patty.
add whatever you like.

crack the eggs into a bowl and add the milk and salt and pepper to taste. whisk well.
cook bacon in a small saute pan, remove and chop up. (drain any excess grease out of pan)
add a tsp. of butter to the pan. add in the veggies and saute till soft. Add in the egg mixture and put a lid on the pan until eggs are cooked, about 5 minutes. If you are adding cheese sprinkle on top in the last minute of cooking to melt.
Toast your english muffin.
Pile the cooked egg on the toasted muffin and enjoy!

A little ketchup for dipping and its the perfect breakfast!
Happy Weekend!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment