Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

A couple weeks ago I shared my all time favorite cookie recipe with you Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now I am going to share my Sweets favorite cookie!
They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The sweet raisins and the cinnamon are the perfect combo!
You will need:
½ cup plus 6 tablespoons of butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( I use a heaping tsp, He loves cinnamon)
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker Oats
1 cup raisins

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add in eggs 1 at a time beat until incorporated. Add vanilla.
Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well. You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple times its a thick cookie dough.
Stir in the oats and raisins.
Drop by the rounded tablespoonful onto silpat lined cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for a minute on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in a tightly covered container for the day or two it will take you to eat them all!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. They really only make 2 dozen? I'm surprised. I'm making cookies for the troops, we need to make 10 dozen. I thought I had the recipe that would save me from making several batches. Darn, they look good

    ReplyDelete