Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are my all time favorite cookies! I don’t know where the recipe came from I have been making it for years. I think its my mom’s old peanut butter cookie recipe with chocolate chips added in, because really anything with peanut butter is better with chocolate!
This recipe makes a huge amount of cookies, about 6 dozen. I make my cookies pretty small, that way when I eat like 8 of them I dont’ feel so bad, but you can make ‘em as big as you want. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time. I tend to like my cookies a little crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle so I under cook them a little.
I usually bake up a couple dozen then roll the rest of the dough into balls put them on a cookie sheet and throw them into the freezer. Once they are frozen I toss them into a zip lock bag. That way I can pull out a few at time to bake up later!
You will need:

1 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of smooth peanut butter, you could use chunky if you wanted more texture
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda 
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate chips this time cause I had some, but I often just use regular semi sweet!
Preheat your oven to 350degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can do it by hand) cream butter and both sugars together. Add in 1 egg at a time until well combined. Mix in the peanut butter. Add the flour and soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

At this point remove the bowl from the stand mixer, don’t do what I did and put this whole spoonful of delicious peanutbuttery goodness into your mouth! I am a sucker for cookie dough.
Roll into teaspoon sized balls and place on a silpat mat on a cookie sheet. Using a fork cross hatch each cookie to flatten.

Bake at 350 or 8-10 minutes.

Ok I am going to tell you a secret. I have made these cookies a million times. I only recently started freezing some of the dough for later.
It really is a very good idea!
So far none of those little dough balls have made it from my freezer back into my tiny oven...
Yep you heard me, Zero, Zip, Zilch!  What happened to them you ask? I ate them! Straight out of the freezer. Those damn little dough balls are freaking awesome! It is terrible I know but I am just being honest here...
Just thought you should know.

I think I am going to get one of those little bites of awesome right now!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. love these cookies freezing the dough sounds like a good idea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck not eating them right out of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete