Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pork Chops in Mushroom Cream Sauce

I made something other than chicken for dinner tonight! AMAZING! I usually barbecue my pork chops but it was really really rainy here today so I decided on an indoor option.  I am a sucker for anything saucy so this was perfect for me. You could serve it with rice but I chose to make buttered egg noodles, mushroom sauce on egg noodles is a very yummy thing.
What you need,
3-4 boneless loin chops, about 1 inch thick.
1 tsp. Canola oil
½ medium onion, chopped
3 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup milk (you could use water if you like, I like the extra creaminess of the milk)
1 tsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
½ cup sour cream
Trim the fat from the pork chops. Heat a skillet with higher sides and a lid, over medium high heat. Add the pork chops, cook about 4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chops from skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet heat oil over medium heat, add onions and mushrooms, cook until softened, about 3 minutes.  Stir in the soup, milk, soy sauce, thyme and pepper until well mixed. Heat to bubbling then add pork chops back to skillet. Spoon some sauce over the chops and reduce heat. Simmer 12-15 minutes until pork cooked through. Stir in the sour cream and blend well and sauce is warmed.
 Have a good Friday everybody!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment