Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spaghetti Puttanesca

I love pasta, a lot.
I could eat it 3 or 4 times a week, so as soon as I saw this recipe in my Martha Stewart Everyday
Food magazine I knew I had to make it right away! It is totally my kind of food, it's tangy and salty and full of tomato flavor. So very good. Make it tonight for dinner, do it! I don’t mean to be bossy but seriously this is amazing and it took all of 15 minutes. Oh how I love fast meals that taste delicious.
What you need,
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups graped tomatoes, halved lengthwise
2 tbsp capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
3 anchovy fillets, minced
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups tomato puree (from a 15oz can)
Course ground pepper and salt
1 pound spaghetti

How to:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in the tomatoes, capers, anchovies, olives and garlic. Cook until fragrant and tomatoes soften. This will take about 5 minutes. Add in the tomato puree and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple more minutes.
In the meantime in a large pot cook the spaghetti in salted water. Cook until pasta is al dente. Reserve a cup or so of pasta water. Drain the pasta and add it right the the sauce. Add some of the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve right away.
I put a little bit of fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
This is hands down one of my new favorite pasta dishes. I plan to make it again, and again!
Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment