Friday, April 8, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole

I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe sharing sites Tasty Kitchen. The amazing Pioneer Woman set it up. Check it out if you haven't. There are tons of amazing people sharing super tasty recipes of all kinds.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to bookmark it. My in house taste tester loves chicken noodle soup and really anything that has Ritz crackers in it can’t be bad!
What you need,
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 oz egg noodles
1 whole medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
½ cup carrots, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 pkg (1 sleeve from a standard 16oz box) Ritz crackers, crushed
(Ritz Crackers don’t come in sleeves around these parts, so I used about half a small box!)
Precook your chicken breasts. The original recipe said to poach it. I actually cooked mine yesterday and I just salt and peppered it and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. I let it cool then stashed it in the fridge until I needed it today!
Helps speed up the weeknight meal!
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to directions.
While the noodles are cooking cut up the pre-cooked chicken into ½ inch pieces. Drain the noodles and set aside. In a pot saute the onion, garlic, celery and carrots in the butter. Cook until the onions are translucent and softened. Add in the soups and sour cream. Mix well Salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked noodles and chicken and parsley and stir to fully coat. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the crushed Ritz crackers. Bake for 5-10 minutes more until the top is golden brown.
This a very tasty and comforting meal. We loved it and you will too!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment