Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egg Salad Sandwiches

I ate this for lunch today,

This is what happens the day after you color Easter Eggs!
I am not sure why I don't make egg salad more often it so simple, but it seems I only eat it once a year, at Easter.

I like mine pretty classic, here is what I use,

3-4 hard boiled eggs (I used extra large eggs so I only needed 3)
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 green onions, chopped
lots of fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
4 leaves of bibb lettuce
nice grainy bread

First peel your hard boiled eggs, this is my favorite part!


In a medium bowl mash up your eggs with a fork. I like mine pretty smooth but you can leave it chunky if you like. Add in the onions, mayo, mustard and salt/pepper.
Mix gently. I like to chill mine in the fridge for 20 minutes or so before I make my sandwich.
Spread your bread with a little butter, it is the right thing to do. Then spoon a good amount of egg salad on your bread top with lettuce.

EAT!

So yummy! A perfect Easter lunch.
The Bunny comes tomorrow, I hope you all gets lots and lots of treats!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment