Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Cheescake

 If you like cheesecake this is the recipe for you.  It is so so good. It is light and refreshing. The perfect dessert after a big heavy meal.

My in house taste tester went crazy for it. He said it was the best cheesecake ever, not sure about that but it was pretty darned good! I will be making it again for sure. I would be great with strawberry or raspberry sauce over the top!

Here is what you need,


2 cups Graham Crumbs
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 pkg. (250 g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
 Grated peel and juice from 1 lemon
 4 eggs
Note that I cut this recipe in half. It seemed huge and for only 2 of use I didnt' think we needed that much. Turned out perfectly well. I did use the full amount of lemon all the zest and juice from 1 whole lemon. The lemon flavor was perfect, not overpowering or anything, I like lots of lemon so you could cut it back too if you like.

Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix graham crumbs and butter. Reserve 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Set aside. ( I used a 8x8 pan since I only made half)

 

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.


Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture.


Bake 40 min. or until centre is almost set. (I only cooked mine for 30 mins because of the smaller amount) Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Store in refrigerator.

If you don't have any cream cheese or lemons in your house go out and get some. You need to make this NOW!

It is really easy and super tasty. It really would be the perfect end to any meal.
I reccomend only making half the recipe like I did, otherwise you will be forced to eat it all!
Enjoy!

Jen

source: cooking with Philly website

1 comment:

  1. oo this looks very pretty! i think my own 'in house taster' would go nuts for it!

    www.icyviolets.com

    ReplyDelete