Monday, May 30, 2011

Southern Skillet Corn

What is better than fresh corn on the cob? I just love it. I have never, until this recipe, cut fresh corn off the cob. I never felt that eating it any other way than right off the cob was necessary, but after having this I have changed my mind. It is creamy and rich, but the kernels stay a bit crunchy. It is so good, and not a drop of cream in it!
What you need, 
6 ears of corn 
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp. sugar  
¼ tsp pepper 
1 tsp salt 
3/4 cup water 
3 tbsp butter  

Shuck corn and pull off silk. Rinse under cook running water. In a large bowl cut the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. 

Scrape up the cob with a spoon to get the milk out.  Combine flour, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the water and whisk to combine. Melt butter over a medium low heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. Add corn and flour mixture and cook over medium low heat for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

A super simple side dish. It would be great with just about any summer meal. I am defiantly making it again!
I kinda wish I had a big bowl of it to eat right now!

Jen

adapted from kevinandamanda.com
 

2 comments:

  1. I love corn on the cob, wish I could eat it all year round. I'm bookmarking this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete