Monday, May 9, 2011

Thai Chicken Salad

This is one of the best things I have ever made. Seriously, it was so good. I couldn’t stop eating it. It is light and refreshing and it has so many textures and flavours, but they all go together perfectly.
I think you should make it, soon!
I know you will love every bite as much as I did.


What you need,

2 cups of shredded deli rotisserie chicken, or you could cook your own if you were feeling crazy!
1 cup julienne carrots
1 cup broccoli slaw mix
1 large green onion, chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped, or you could use cilantro if you wanted
¼ cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 pkg of thin soba or rice noodles

For the dressing,
2 ½ tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp rice vinegar, all I had was white wine vinegar it was just fine
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp honey
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
½ lime, juiced

Cook the noodles according to the directions. Once they are done drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.
Cut or shred the chicken into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl. Add in the carrots, broccoli slaw mix, and green onion.
Mix up the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Adjust to your taste, if you want it hotter add more red pepper flakes, or more lime etc.

Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Garnish with the chopped peanuts and parsley.

I put some of the noodles down on a plate then I put a heap of the salad on top.

Eat until you can eat no more.
I promise this will be one of the best things you have ever eaten.


I want to eat this salad everyday. It is my perfect food!

Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment