Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mojito

It's Wednesday, so for me that is reason enough to make a cool refreshing Mojito or 2!


In the summer the Mojito is my go to beverage. They are easy and tasty. You just can't beat their freshness.

Here is what you need,

1/2 of a lime, cut into wedges
8-10 fresh mint leaves
2 1/2 tsp. of super fine sugar (berry sugar) if you like them sweeter add and extra 1/2 tsp of sugar.
1 oz. white rum
3-4 ice cubes
Soda water

 Put a 3 lime wedges in a glass, top with the sugar and mint leaves.

Now the fun part, MUDDLE!! Really get in there and break up the mint and limes and dissolve the sugar.

 Next add in the rum, and give it a good stir to make sure all that sugar is dissolved.


Toss in your ice and top with Soda Water, stir.... Top with a lime wedge.


The perfect summer drink! 
Happy Wednesday to all of you! Have a Mojito it will make your mid week much more bearable!


Jen

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm mojitos. I could use one right now.

    Although it is 8am and it's not super sunny. So maybe later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a mojito before - crazy I know! One of these days I'll have to give one a shot. I think I have all of the ingredients - well except for mint, but that's easily solved. :)

    ReplyDelete