Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sautéed Corn and Zucchini with Fresh Herbs

I am growing some herbs on my balcony. I wish I had a yard so I could have a full garden, but for now a few pots with fresh herbs will have to do.

 
This side dish is summer in a bowl. Fresh corn cut off the cob, garden zucchini and a variety of herbs, fresh from my planter box! It was easy, quick and super tasty.

 
Here is what you need,

  
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 small zucchini, diced
4 medium ears of corn, kernels cut off
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh basil








1 tbsp fresh chives








1 tbsp fresh parsley








1 ½ tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook until softened and browned at the edges, this should take about 4 minutes. Add the corn and sauté until softened and a deep yellow color, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Off heat add in the herbs and lemon juice. Finally season with salt and pepper to taste.


This would make a great side dish for just about any meal. I loved it! It is just so fresh and light. I love how the corn kernels stay a bit snappy! Yum!
It always tastes better when you grow it yourself, well some of it... you know!

Enjoy!

Jen

Adapted from Cook’s Country

3 comments:

  1. This is my kind of dish. Your herb garden looks awesome. For the life of me, I can't seem to grow herbs worth a hoot. All the other vegetables we eat? check. Herbs? The only survivors are basil and parsley. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, That looks fantastic. New follower here. Stop on by if you get a chance!
    Aimee
    http://www.shugarysweets.com

    ReplyDelete