Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Corn and Black Bean Salad

I have really been enjoying all the fresh corn lately. It makes me feel summery.
As soon as I saw this recipe in this month’s Martha Stewart Everyday Food I knew I had to try it.
I knew it would be the perfect side dish for my Chicken Taquitos.


It is easy and quick and very tasty!

What you need,


1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 cups of corn kernels, cut off 3 cobs
1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp minced jalapeño pepper (the original recipe called for a Serrano Chile but I didn’t have one, the jalapeño worked great)
4 tsp fresh chopped parsley, or cilantro if you don’t’ hate it!
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 small avocado, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the corn kernels until they are lightly browned in some spots, about 5 minutes.
Once the corn is done transfer it to a large bowl and stir in the black beans, the diced jalapeño, the parsley, lime juice and avocado. Stir together gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

You can serve it right away a bit warm or chill it in the fridge.


This is definitley a keeper. I will be making it again for sure.

Jen

Adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food

No comments:

Post a Comment