Friday, July 8, 2011

Guacamole

I am a purist when it comes to Guacamole. I know there are a million variations out there, but I tend to like the basics. I like to let the avocados shine!


What you need,


2 ripe avocados, chopped roughly
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced finely
½ red onion, finely diced
1 tomato, diced
2 limes, juiced
Salt/pepper to taste

Mash the avocados roughly with a fork. I like mine a bit chunky so I don’t go too crazy with the mashing.
Add in the minced garlic, diced jalapeno and diced red onion. Stir in the diced tomatoes. Add the juice of the limes and salt and pepper to taste.


Grab a big bowl of tortilla chips and stuff your face!


Jen

1 comment:

  1. I live in the SW and can't seem to bring myself to like the texture of avocado. The way you make this may make me change my mind.

    ReplyDelete