Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce and Chicken

The wonderful Pioneer Woman posted this recipe awhile back. It made me swoon. I love simple pasta dishes. I whipped up a batch using the Pesto I made yesterday.


I also cooked some chicken and added on top. It made a perfect dinner.


What you need,

¾ cup of pesto
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
12 oz of pasta, whatever shape you like!
2 whole tomatoes, diced
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced

Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until el dente.
Heat the cream and butter in a sauce pan over medium- low heat until hot but not boiling. Add in the pesto and stir until combined.  Drain the pasta and place in a large serving bowl pour the hot sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Toss in the chopped tomatoes and top with Parmesan cheese.

I cooked my chicken in the oven while I was making the sauce. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and lined a baking sheet with tin foil. I rubbed the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and rubbed them with a very easy spice rub. Then I baked them for 25-30 minutes until they were cooked through. I have been cooking my chicken like this for the last while and I love it. It is flavourful and it gets a little brown and crispy and stays moist in the centre. You can cool it and use it later or I just cut it up warm and tossed it on top of the pasta! YUM!

For the spice rub I use,
½ tsp of course salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp season salt
You can use any spices you like, if you like a little spice add in some cyan pepper, if you want a more Mexican flavour use a little cumin, some oregano would be great too!


I am a carboholic! I wouldn’t survive the Atkins diet. I loves me my pasta!

Jen

recipe from The Pioneer Woman

3 comments:

  1. Oh My! This looks amazing!~I;m always looking for something new to pair with a grilled chicken breast and this will be perfect! I can see it now! I can taste the yummieness!! Thanks for sharing it with us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cavatappi noodles make me grin. Is that weird? Your meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jen this look delicious! I love pioneer woman and everything she makes. Carboholics are the best!

    ReplyDelete