Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pizza Buns

My in house taste tester loves pizza. I swear he could eat it everyday. So I decided to try a new twist on pizza today, just for fun! 



Pizza buns that look like cinnamon rolls. Cute hey, and easy!

First make a batch of my easy Bread Maker Bun Dough Recipe. Once it is ready roll it out like you would if you were making regular cinnamon buns, but instead of brown sugar and cinnamon layer on your favourite pizza toppings!

I used a layer of pizza sauce, then some pepperoni, and grated cheese.

Roll them up and cut into 2 inch rounds. Put them in a greased baking dish and let them rise for 30 minutes. Once they are ready to go top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Remove from the oven and cool on a rack, I suggest eating one as soon and you can touch them. They are amazing hot.
I just tossed the left over ones in the microwave for 20 seconds or so before eating. So good!


You could throw on some mushrooms or peppers if you wanted. Or you could do ham and pineapple if you wanted. The possibilities are endless.


My taste tester loved them! So did I!

Jen


3 comments:

  1. This really looks delish and something I want to try out seriously. You have a great blog and your food photos left me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thing it may good to eat that I saw pizza in ur blogs.........
    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete