Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Quinoa

Awhile back I stumbled onto the site, Eat Live Run. She is fantastic; she has tons of great recipes. This is one of hers. So tasty! 


I love the beet and goat cheese combo the sweetness of the beets with the salty creaminess of the goat cheese, makes me swoon! Toss them on some quinoa and it made a great lunch!

What you need,


2 medium beets, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup quinoa
1 ½ cups water or stock (NOTE: I used regular chicken stock because that is all I had… DO NOT DO THIS!!! It was WAY too salty, even for me, a professed salt lover! I would just use water next time. The beets and goat cheese have enough flavor you don’t need to use stock. If you do use it make sure it is LOW sodium!!!)
3 tbsp goat cheese
Salt/pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with tin foil.  Drizzle the olive oil on the beets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the beets are fork tender.

In the meantime you can cook your quinoa according to package directions.

When the quinoa is done stir in the goat cheese until all melty and creamy, add in the beets. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Top with chopped fresh basil.

 
It was delish! It is great on its own but it would also be nice as a side dish for 2 people.
Enjoy!

Jen

Adapted from Eat, Live, Run


1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try quinoa, but this recipe may make me try it! I love beets, and goat cheese is divine!! The color is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete