Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread French Toast


I love breakfast! I don’t usually have time during the week to make a big breakfast so it is always a special treat on weekends. Today I made French toast! YUM!
I had this very nice cinnamon raisin bread so I used that.
 

It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfection!


What you need,


2 pieces of bread, whatever you like
2 eggs
¼ cup half and half
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla

Whisk the eggs, half and half, sugar and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
Put the bread in the mixture and soak up as much of the mixture into the bread as possible.

Heat a pan over medium high heat. Spray with non stick spray, or you could use a little butter.
Put the bread in the pan and let it cook for 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook the other side.


That is that! Breakfast!
I like mine with a little swipe of butter, some classic Aunt Jemima syrup and a sprinkle of icing sugar!


A little fruit on the side never hurt.
The perfect start to a Sunday!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the perfect breakfast to me too. I love french toast!

    ReplyDelete