Monday, August 1, 2011

Homemade Ranch Dressing


I made my own Ranch Dressing! It was awesome. I mean good old Hidden Valley is good but this stuff was great! 


What you need,
 
1 clove of garlic minced
¼ tsp salt
Rub the salt into the garlic with a fork until it forms a paste.
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
5 tbsp of buttermilk (you may need more or less, it just depends on how thick you like it)
3 tbsp vinegar (I just used plain white but you could use cider or red wine if you want to)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper

In a bowl combine all the ingredients together and mix well. Adjust seasoning as needed, more salt/pepper etc. Let it chill for a couple of hours before serving. You can thin with a little more buttermilk or regular milk right before serving if it needs it.
It will keep for a week in the fridge.


Make a big green salad with whatever veggies you like and pour on the lovely ranch!
It makes a good amount so you will have left over to dip veggies or pizza or wings! YUM!


Jen

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love Ranch dressing!! I will have to try this out! Yummy!! It's my fav thing to put in veggie wraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want something buffalo flavored to dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I made my own ranch dip last week too. I have dressing on the list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! Ranch is my favorite :) I would love to try homemade!

    ReplyDelete