Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Broccoli Chicken

This is one of my all time favourite suppers. My mom used to make it when I was growing up. I don’t even know where it came from, maybe a Best of Bridge cookbook??


I like it because it is easy and quick and super flavourful!!

What you need,


2-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
3-4 cups of broccoli florets
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.

In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Cut the chicken breasts into a couple of pieces each and pound them out to an even thinness. Season with salt and pepper.

Sauté the chicken for a few minutes on each side until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Wash and chop your broccoli and place in an even layer on the bottom of a 9x13inch baking dish.

In a medium sized bowl stir together the can of cream of chicken soup, the mayo, curry powder and lemon juice.

Place the browned chicken on top of the broccoli florets. Pour the sauce evenly over all the chicken pieces. Top with the grated cheddar cheese.

Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.

For the last 3 or 4 minutes you can put the dish under the broiler to brown up the cheese.


I like to serve mine with rice.

Even my in house taste tester loves this and he isn’t a big fan of curry. This sauce is so awesome. I often make double of it because I like it so much! Sauce is a good thing!


I hope you like it as much as I do! It is one of the all time greats.

Jen


1 comment:

  1. It's my "Law School Chicken"! Man, how I loved this recipe when I was in university! So easy and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete