Thursday, September 1, 2011

Favourite Things Friday Vol 2

Happy Friday everyone! 
My favourite thing this week is Panko.


I am obsessed with this stuff.


Panko is a variety of flaky bread crumb. It is made from bread baked by passing an electric current through the dough, yielding bread without crusts, and it has a crisper, airier texture than most types of breading found in Western cuisine.


I use it all the time. It is great as a topping or breading, it makes things extra crispy.
You can also use it in place of any regular breadcrumb.

Here are a few of the recipes I have made using Panko so far,



I hope you all buy a bag at the store this week and give them a try.


Have a great weekend.

Jen



3 comments:

  1. Yep!! gotta love the panko!! It is a staple ingredient in our house!! Another great fav thing JennyB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love panko as well. With some Parmesan, it is an awesome breading for so many delicious things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have talked about panko for ages, and I STILL have not tried it! Gotta do it! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete