Sunday, September 11, 2011

Macaroni Salad

I still can’t believe that it is September already! It feels like summer just started. There are so many summer recipes I wanted to make, but I am running out of time! Soon it will be all soups and stews and root veggies!
But before all that, I had to make macaroni salad, a very summery dish.


Here is what you need,

1 cup elbow macaroni
½ cup celery, diced
1/4 cup yellow pepper, chopped
¼ cup radishes, sliced
½ cup cucumber, chopped
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp chives, chopped
For the dressing,
½ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup mayo
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp grainy mustard
1 tsp worchestire sauce
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until el dente. Drain and run cold water over the pasta. Put in a large bowl.
Add all the veggies to the pasta, except the chives.

Mix up the dressing by stirring together the yogurt, mayo, mustards, worchestire sauce and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Toss the pasta with the dressing and stash in the fridge for a few hours.

Sprinkle the chives on just before serving.


Eat and enjoy the last few days of summer!
Jen


1 comment:

  1. Oh! I haven't had maccaroni salad forever!! Looks yummy I will have to make one maybe tomorrow!! The pictures are making me hungry for it right now!! Thanks for reminding me of another old fav!!!

    ReplyDelete