Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

My sister asked me the other day for some quick portable breakfast ideas. I always have the same thing for breakfast during the week, a bowl of cheerios and some yogurt. Yep, same old breakfast every day for years… So it is definitely time for a change.
I whipped up these cute little breakfast burritos.


What you need,

Small flour tortillas
4-6 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. butter or olive oil
Whatever you want in your burrito I used,
Turkey bacon (4 slices cooked and chopped)
1 green onion, sliced
3 mushrooms, diced
½ cup grated cheddar cheese

You could use green or red peppers, regular bacon or crumbled breakfast sausage, a spoon of salsa, any cheese you like. Go crazy!

Heat butter or oil in a medium fry pan. Cook the veggies until tender.
In a small bowl whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
Pour eggs over veggies and stir until eggs are cooked through.
Pile some egg mixture on a tortilla, sprinkle with some cheese and roll up.

Place seam side down on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Wrap individually in saran wrap for later!
To reheat them just wrap one in a paper towel and microwave it for 2-3 minutes until hot.


As you can see I need some serious practice rolling burritos… mine suck. Oh well they tasted great!


I have a couple more easy breakfast ideas coming up so stayed tuned!
Hope you like them Kate!

Jen

PS. Happy Thanksgiving to all of my lovely American readers! I hope you all eat too much Turkey and watch too much football. Save some pie for me!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! I like the breakfast burrito idea and I hadn't thought of turkey bacon!! Yum, I might have to make these this weekend just to eat right that morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares what they look like? Breakfast burritos always sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete