Monday, November 21, 2011

Chicken Lo Mein

I love Chinese food. I saw this recipe and thought it could save me a few bucks on take out!
It is easy and super tasty! 


I tweaked the original recipe quite a bit. I used fresh veggies instead of frozen and I used soba noodles instead of the whole wheat spaghetti it called for. Oh and I used chicken instead of pork!

What you need,


1 pkg. soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti if you prefer
¼ cup Kraft Signature Asian Sesame Dressing
1 lb. chicken breast cut into strips, or pork tenderloin
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chopped veggies; I used celery, carrot, red pepper, broccoli, snow peas and green onion (You can use any veggies you like)
½ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 heaping tbsp. smooth peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. chopped peanuts

Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat 1tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Cook the onions and garlic until softened and fragrant. Add in the other veggies and cook until just getting tender.
Mix together the Asian sesame dressing, chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.  Add the chicken back to the pan and pour over the sauce. Let it come to a simmer then add the noodles and heat through.

Top with chopped peanuts. Serve right away.


Now if I can learn to make my own Spring Rolls and Szechwan Green Beans I won’t ever need to order Chinese take-out again!

Jen

Reciped adapted from Kraft Kitchens

1 comment: