Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


It is getting cold here… I needed to wear mittens today! We even had a little skiff of snow yesterday. So I stayed inside and baked to keep warm!
 

This loaf is soft and moist and the spices are warm and comforting. A nice big slice with a hot latte is the perfect breakfast on a cold fall morning.


What you need,


1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of chocolate chips or dried cranberries or chopped nuts

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease either 2 larger loaf pans or 4 small ones and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Stir in add ins if you are using them.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

I don’t buy pumpkin pie spice I just make my own. Here’s how you do it.

Combine the following,
3 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 ½ tsp. all spice
1 ½ tsp. ground cloves

It makes about 5 tbsp.  Keep the extra in a small airtight container. 


I am glad I made 4 small loaves, firstly they are super cute! But also I can give the extras away. They make a lovely gift if you are going to a friend’s house for coffee.

Jen

Recipe Source: My Baking Addiction

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin bread so very much. It is definitely time to make some more for my own house! Have you tried it with whipped cream cheese on top? Pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete