Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chubby Hubby Rice Krispie Treats

Today is my 1 year Blogiversary! I can’t believe it has been a whole year! Time flies when you are having fun, and man has it ever been fun! I have had such a great time cooking and baking, learning about photography, writing and blogging, what a blast!
 

I thought about what to make for the 1 year post for a long time. At first wanted to do some grand cake or fancy dessert, but that really isn’t me. These ridiculously amazing treats are totally me! They have all my favourite things, peanut butter, chocolate, rice Krispies, and salty pretzels! Yum!

This recipe is from the amazing Brown Eyed Baker, this girl has been a huge inspiration for me this past year! She is awesome.


What you need,

3 tbsp. butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
½ cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups rice krispie cereal
2 cups crushed pretzel pieces
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Start by greasing a 9x13 inch pan, set aside.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add in the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
Off heat stir in the peanut butter until melted and smooth.
Add in the rice krispies and crushed pretzels along with the peanut butter chips. Stir quickly to coat.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan creating an even layer.

Meanwhile, you can melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments on 50% power until smooth. Stir after each 30 seconds.  Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour over the top of the rice krispie treats and smooth out. Chill for at least 30 minutes until the chocolate is set.

Cut into pieces and stuff in your face. So ridiculously good!


I want to thank every single one of you who takes the time to read my rambling posts! It means a lot to me!! So thank you! I hope you keep reading and trying new recipes!

Here is to another great year full of tasty treats, easy suppers and favourite things!

Jen
 
Recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker

3 comments:

  1. omg i cannot wait to make these and eatthem all up!! Happy Anniversary!! Your blog has made the last year so yummily delicious i don;t know what i ever did without it!! keep up the great blog!! I love you and this blog!! (savanna says 'priffy') :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jb!!!!!!! I hope this is the first of many anniversaries! I love your blog it's super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these look redonk. I want one now. Happy blogiversary! Keep up the entertaining blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete