Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Green Goddess Dip


I had a few friends over the other night for a visit. I didn’t want to make a bunch of food but I knew we would want a snack. I decided on this green goddess dip. I have had the recipe bookmarked for a long time. 


I am very glad I finally tried it. It is very good! Lots of flavour, a real crowd pleaser.

What you need,

2 tbsp. fresh chives
2 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp. fresh tarragon
2 tbsp. fresh basil
1 tbsp. fresh mint
1 green onion
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup mayonnaise
¾ cup sour cream
Salt/pepper to taste

Start by roughly chopping the herbs, onion and garlic.
Combine all the ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in food processor. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to let the flavours combine. I found it was even tastier the next day, so if you have time, make it a day ahead!

Serve with potato chips or fresh cut veggies.


This dip is a simple but super tasty. I can see it being a staple at future parties and gatherings!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma


No comments:

Post a Comment