Monday, February 27, 2012

Hamburger Pie

I was searching through my old family recipes the other day and stumbled on this hamburger pie recipe. I remember my mom making it for us. I remembered that I liked it but I couldn’t really remember what it tasted like, so I thought I would whip one up, for old time sake.


Not only is it easy and quick, it is AMAZING! Wow, when I took the first bite I was transported back to my kitchen in Regina, sitting at the table with my family.
My in house taster loved it. It will definitely be making a more regular appearance on my dinner table!


What you need,


For the biscuit crust,

2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup milk

For the filling.

1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato rice soup
2 tbsp. water
1 large clove garlic minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

First heat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a glass pie plate.

Mix all the ingredients for the crust together until it forms a ball. Press the crust into the greased pie plate.

Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is cooked through, add in the soup, water, garlic and salt and pepper.
Bring mixture to a simmer for a about 5 minutes until thickened.

Pour the hamburger mixture into the crust and sprinkle with the grated cheese.

Bake in for 20 minutes, or until the biscuit crust is browned.


This pie is a fantastic classic dinner.
If you are looking for something different give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment