Sunday, February 5, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies


I LOVE peanut butter that is no secret! I have a hard time resisting any dessert recipe that has peanut butter in it. When a friend of mine sent me the link to these super cute cookies I knew I had to make them asap!
 

They are so so good! Perfectly crisp on the outside and soft in the middle and the little bit of sweet jam on top is not only cute but tasty!


What you need,


1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup butter, softened
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup jam (I used raspberry jam but any kind would be great! I even think nutella or just some melted chocolate would be to die for!)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat pat.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a stand mixer beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in the sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, and beat until well incorporated.
On low speed add in the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.

Scoop a tablespoon of dough and form into a ball. Roll each ball in the granulated sugar and transfer to the silpat lined baking sheet.
Bake until cookies are puffy, 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and make indentations in centre by pressing with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Return cookies to oven, and bake until edges are golden brown. 5-7 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Heat the jam in a small saucepan, stirring, until loosened. About 30 seconds. Spoon about ½ tsp. of jam into each indentation.

Eat like 5 of them and then attempt to save some for later by placing them in an airtight container. They are so good… so so so good!


I love me some cookies and peanut butter cookies are by far my all-time favourite! This is a nice twist!

Jen

Recipe from Martha Stewart


1 comment:

  1. Yum! These look so good! I love cookies with peanut butter in them!!

    ReplyDelete