Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baked Eggs

I love weekends because I have time to make a nice big breakfast, well usually it is more like brunch, but you get the idea. It is so nice to have something other than cold cereal.
I decided to try making baked eggs this past weekend, and I have to say they were amazing!! Such a unique way to make eggs seem fancy!


What you need,
2 eggs
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
½ cup baby spinach, chopped
2 tbsp. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
2 tbsp. cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. butter
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Liberally grease 2 ramekins with the butter.
Sprinkle half the bacon in the bottom of each ramekin, then top with the chopped spinach and grated cheese. Crack an egg in each one; be careful not to break the yolk. Top each with 1 tbsp. of cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. I did mine for 15 minutes and the yolk was just barely runny, I think next time I would do it for closer to 10 or maybe 12 minutes. I like my yolks a bit runnier.
A couple pieces of toast and it is truly the perfect breakfast.

I love that the options are endless, you could go simple just salt and pepper, or you could do ham, or just fresh herbs. Plus you could totally cook eggs for a crowd like this.
I think I might eat my eggs like this from now on!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment