Monday, May 21, 2012

Kale Salad with Avocado, Almonds and Oranges


Do you ever have one of those weeks where you just feel like all you have done is eat? 
I have those often! Oops! 


As soon as I saw this recipe on Eat Live Run I knew it would be the perfect salad to sort of detox a week of binge eating.

I have never eaten Kale raw before, I was surprised at how good it was. I love that it stays crispy and tender for a few days even when covered in dressing.


What you need,

1 bunch of Kale, washed and chopped
2 oranges
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, chopped
2 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
Salt and Pepper to taste

Start by making the dressing. Whisk together the juice of one of the oranges with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.

To assemble the salad segment the other orange and chop into bite size pieces.

Toss in a large bowl with the Kale, avocado and almonds. Pour on about ½ the dressing and toss to coat, add more dressing if you need it.

Season the salad with additional salt and pepper if needed.

I let mine sit for about 30 minutes before serving; this allowed the dressing to soften the kale a little bit.


I took the left overs for lunch for the next 2 days and it was just as tasty on day 3 as it was the first day!

It was healthy and fresh. I felt so much better after eating this salad. Give it a try, you will love it.


Jen

Recipe from Eat Live Run

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Light and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a super satisfying salad, especially in the summer!

    ReplyDelete