Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spicy Roasted Broccoli



You know what makes me happy? I don’t have to fight with my boyfriend about eating veggies.
He loves them, I love them, we eat a lot of them!


Sometimes the same old steamed or sautéed versions can get a little boring. I decided to jazz it up a bit with this Spicy Roasted Broccoli.
It was very tasty!

What you need,

4 cups of broccoli, chopped into large pieces
½ tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you really want it spicy!)
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of half a lemon
1 clove of garlic minced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.

Toss your chopped broccoli with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the red pepper flakes, juice and zest of the lemon, the minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.

Spread the seasoned broccoli on the baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until browned, and tender.
I flipped mine over about halfway through to brown up both sides.


This was a great way to prepare broccoli! Sometimes you just gotta spice it up!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment