Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coconut Crusted Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Dressing



After a month of non-stop eating, I had a craving for salad. 


I scoured my big binder of “to make” recipes and I came across this one from Skinny Taste.

It was exactly what I was craving!



What you need,
Serves 4, or 2 if you live at my house!!

8-10 chicken tenderloins (about a 1lb. package)
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ cup panko crumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and Pepper

6 cups mixed baby greens
¾ cup shredded carrot
½ cup tiny tomatoes, I used grape
1 small cucumber, sliced

For the dressing,

2 tbsp. olive oil
2 ½ tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
4 tsp. Dijon mustard

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a shallow dish combine the coconut and panko crumbs, season with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
Pat dry the chicken tenders and season with salt and pepper.

Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and let any excess drip off.
Press into the crumb mixture to coat.
Place the coated tenders onto the parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes until cooked through, flipping halfway through.

Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients.

Arrange the greens on the plates; add the sliced cucumber, carrot and tomatoes.

Slice the cooked chicken and arrange on top of the salad.

Heat the dressing in the microwave for 30 seconds until warm.
Drizzle each salad with the warm dressing.


This salad was absolutely amazing.
Both my in house taste tester and I loved it!

So easy and so tasty and healthy to boot!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste




1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this sounds fantastic! I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken!

    ReplyDelete