Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars



You may have noticed a lack of sweet treats on the blog lately.

My pants felt tight, so cut out the treats. After a couple of weeks my pants still felt tight and I got mad so I made these Cheerio Bars.


They made me feel better.

I found these amazing chocolate marshmallows and these Peanut Butter Cheerios at Target. Why don’t they sell these things in Canada?? 


I decided a simple cereal bar would be the perfect way to use them up.


What you need,

1 bag Chocolate flavoured marshmallows
5 cups Peanut Butter Cheerios
4 tbsp. butter

2 tbsp. peanut butter, melted
2 tbsp. chocolate chips, melted

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and smooth.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheerios.

Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Once the bars have cooled drizzle the melted peanut butter and chocolate chips over the top. Let the drizzle set.

Cut into squares and enjoy!


These bars were insanely good!

The peanut butter cheerios are killer. I was scarfing them by the handful.
Now I am kind of glad I can’t get them here, it’s probably safer that way.

Jen

PS. My pants are still tight…

1 comment:

  1. This might be the best freaking idea anyone has ever had in the history of the world. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete