Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hummus Crusted Chicken



When I went to Trader Joe’s a couple of weeks ago, I picked up this white bean and basil hummus. It is fantastic!


I had some left over and wanted to use it up so I decided to put it on some chicken.


Now this recipe isn’t rocket science, but it sure tasted good.
Any hummus would work great, homemade or store bought.


What you need,

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ to ½ cup hummus
1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.

Cook the chicken in the hot pan for 2 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.

Remove the browned chicken from the pan. Spread a couple of tablespoons of the hummus over the top of each breast.

Place the hummus coated chicken into an oven safe baking dish and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.


I served mine with buttermilk mashed potatoes and some garlicky sautéed snap peas!

It was delicious! The hummus gave the chicken a lot of flavor and it created a crisp topping.

A perfect simple dinner!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. okay...yum yum and yummy yum yum. Hummus is my fav, I use your recipe and make my own that I love, and I MUST make this chicken :) Thanks for another great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And I bet that white bean and basil yummy was super yummy. I would love to try that!

    ReplyDelete