Monday, March 11, 2013

Venetian-Style Spaghetti all ‘Arrabbiata



Simple pasta is my life! I just can’t seem to get enough of it.


This pasta has so much amazing flavor. The slight heat from the chilies with the garlic and tomatoes is amazing. 


What you need,

1 lb. spaghetti
1 cup chicken stock
1 pinch saffron
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Fresno chilies
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
2 pints cherry tomatoes
½ cup Fresh chopped parsley
Parmesan Cheese

Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.

Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.

In a small pot combine the chicken stock and the saffron. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, then turn off the heat and keep it warm.

In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the chilies and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until just fragrant. Add the tomatoes and saffron infused chicken stock to the pan. Cover with a tight fitting lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst open.

Once the tomatoes are cooked you can use a potato masher to gently press them a little to make a sauce. I left some whole as well. 

Stir in the parsley and toss the cooked pasted with the sauce.
Stir in a handful of the Parmesan cheese.

Thin the sauce with the reserved pasta water if needed, I didn’t find it needed any.

Serve with more cheese.


I LOVED this meal. Pasta fills my heart with joy! I think I was Italian in a former life!!

Jen

Recipe from Rachel Ray Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment