Monday, August 12, 2013

Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream



I can’t believe that it has taken me until midway through August to bust out my ice cream maker!
Time is going WAY too fast, for real!



My friend Tracy called me the other day specifically to tell me to make this ice cream.  She was visiting her mom, who has an ice cream maker and she whipped up a batch. She said they ate the whole batch in a day!



I knew that if she liked it that much that I needed to get on it ASAP!

This ice cream couldn’t be easier, it only has 4 ingredients, and no cooking is required!



What you need,

2 cans of Coconut Milk, chilled (don’t use the light coconut milk)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries

In a blender combine the chilled coconut milk, sugar and vanilla. Blend for about 1 minute until completely combined.

I put my cans of coconut milk in the freezer for 2 hours to chill it, but you could put it in the fridge overnight if you aren’t in a hurry.

Process the coconut mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
During the last 2-3 minutes of churning toss in the raspberries.
You want them combined but not totally pureed.

Serve as soft serve right away or stash it in the freezer in an airtight container to harden up.



This ice cream is CRAZY good. Creamy and sweet, it is ice cream perfection.
Plus it is so super easy, you can’t go wrong.

Enjoy!

Jen
Recipe from the amazing Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment