Monday, November 11, 2013

Shredded Chicken Tacos



It is moving week! I can’t believe it.
 
The movers come on Wednesday to load up and then we head to over to the island on Thursday morning and they will deliver our stuff later that day.
It still doesn’t feel real, despite being surrounded by boxes.



These shredded chicken tacos were the last real meal I made in this little apartment.



They are super simple and taste amazing!

What you need,

1 deli rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
2 tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 cup grated jack or cheddar cheese
2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 avocado, sliced
6 small flour tortillas
Salsa and Sour Cream for serving

In a large pan over medium high heat sprinkle the taco seasoning over the shredded chicken and stir to coat. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and let the liquid reduce to almost nothing, about 10 minutes.

Load up a flour tortilla with some spicy chicken, cheese, lettuce and avocado. Top with some salsa and sour cream.



I can’t believe I am never going to make anything else in my tiny kitchen… it is a little sad but also exciting! This week is going to be a little crazy so I doubt I will get to post again this week so have a good one!

I will post some pictures of the new place once we get settled.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment