Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cherry Kool-Aid & Jell-O Popsicles

We had a few days last week that were sunny and in the mid 20’s. It was amazing! It totally put me in summer mode.



For me summer = Popsicles. I have always loved them, my mom used to make these Popsicles for us when we were kids.



The combination of the Kool-Aid and Jell-O makes a really smooth and flavorful Popsicle. I love that you can use any combo of flavors you like. Lime is next on my list!

What you need,

1-3oz. package of Jell-O (I used cherry but any flavor will work)
1 envelope Kool-Aid, not sweetened (I used cherry but any flavor will work)
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water

In a large bowl combine the Jell-O powder, the Kool-Aid powder and the sugar. Add the boiling water to the mixture and stir until all the powder is dissolved. Stir in the cold water.

Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze overnight.



They are so pretty and they taste so great! They are the perfect summer treat!

Enjoy!

Jen


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, would you tell me what brand of popsicle maker you use? I've not found one that I'm happy with. :( Thanks. :)

    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mara, I finally found a good popsicle mold at a store here in Victoria called Capital Iron. They are Norpro frozen ice pop makers. They work great. They are metal and silicon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i've heard of Capital Iron. i hope to be able to visit it one day. :)

    thanks for the info, i'll check Amazon.

    Mara

    ReplyDelete