Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fudgsicles



One of the best things about being a kid in the summer is hearing the bells of the ice cream truck coming down your street. I remember rushing like mad to grab some change and then sprinting out to the street in my bare feet to choose an ice cold treat!


It was always such a huge decision… do I choose the rocket pop or the fudgsicle?? I almost always ended up with the fudgsicle; I loved them then and still love them now!

When I saw this recipe to make homemade ones I knew I had to try it. I am here to tell you it is phenomenal! Seriously, these might be the best fudgsicles I have ever had, and you don’t have to take my word for it my in house taste tester said the same thing!


What you need,

2 tsp. cornstarch
1 ½ cups 2% milk, divided
2 cups + 6 tbsp. heavy cream
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla

In a large pot whisk together 4 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch until it smooth. Add the rest of the milk, cream, sugar, cocoa powder and salt to the pot and whisk until well combined.

Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring gently with a spatula to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
Heat until the mixture boils, and then boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Carefully pour the hot liquid into your ice pop molds and freeze for 4 hours or until they are completely frozen.


I have made 2 batches of these tasty summer treats. I don’t think the first batch lasted more than 2 days!

Guess I don’t need that ice cream truck anymore‼

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from Key Ingredient

No comments:

Post a Comment