Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies


It seems like everywhere I look the last couple weeks it’s already pumpkin, pumpkin and more pumpkin. Now don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin as much as the next blogger but I am just not ready to let go of summer quite yet!

So, I am going to stick with zucchini, it has been treating me well the last few weeks with this Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Cake and these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins.


I decided I needed some cookies and these soft cakey super moist Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Zucchini cookies are perfect.

They are super fantastic! You can totally eat them for breakfast. They are sort of healthy they do have zucchini in them after all!


What you need,

1½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup butter (I used salted butter and left out the salt, as usual!)
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1½ cups shredded zucchini
1 cup quick cook oats
1½ cups chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat and set aside.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt if you are using it.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.

Add the egg and beat until well incorporated. Add the vanilla.

Add the zucchini, then the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.

Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges.

Let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Store the cookies for 1-2 days in an airtight container on the counter or for up to a week in the fridge. They also freeze really well!


I am going to keep the pumpkin in the cupboard for a few more weeks and stick with summer for as long as I can!

Enjoy!


Jen



Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment