Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles



OMG these cookies‼ They are… I really have no words for how good they are. All I can say is I think I ate 6 of them the day I made them. I am not proud of that but I couldn’t help myself, they are THAT good‼


They are sweet and spicy with a pillowy soft center and a slightly chewy exterior.  I am so glad I started pumpkin baking season with them, they are cookie perfection‼


What you need,

2¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 heaping tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I make my own; I will be sharing my recipe on this week’s Friday Favourite Things!)
1¼ cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter (I used salted so I omitted the salt)
1 large egg
¾ cup pumpkin puree

½ cup granulated sugar
1 heaping tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 heaping tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat mat and set aside.

In a bowl whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt if you are using.

In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until well incorporated.
Add the pumpkin puree and mix well.

Slowly add the dry ingredients on low speed until totally incorporated.

Cover the dough and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.

In a small bowl stir together the ½ cup sugar and the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.

Using a heaping tablespoon roll the dough into balls and roll each ball in the sugar mixture to coat well. Place on the prepared pan and gently press down on the tops of the balls with a flat bottomed glass. Just to flatten them out a bit.

Bake for 9-10 minutes until just golden brown around the edges.

Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 days, I seriously doubt they will last that long. They also freeze really well, just in case you are trying to save some for later!


I am going to really try not to eat 6 of these cookies tomorrow, I can’t make any promises, but I am going to try!

If you are looking for the perfect fall cookie, make these right now! You will LOVE them!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Cook’s illustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment