Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips



I have been ogling food dehydrators online lately. Sadly they are really big and cumbersome and my apartment is just not big enough to store one for the amount of times I would use it.


When I saw this recipe for baked apple chips I thought, who needs a dehydrator??


They are crisp and flavorful, a perfect fall treat.

What you need,

1 large granny smith apple, cored and sliced 1/8” thick
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Heat your oven to 200 degrees.

Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a large zip top bag. Add the apple slices and shake well to coat.

Place the apples in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets lined with parchment paper and sprayed lightly with cooking spray.

Bake the apples for 1 hour, then flip the slices over and bake 1 hour more.

Check the apples; they should be crisp but still a little bendy. You may need to bake them up to ½ an hour longer.

Let the apples cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
They will last about a week if you don’t eat them all in one sitting like I did!


What a simple and fabulous snack.

Enjoy‼

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment