Monday, October 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Apple Sauce



I have wanted to make this recipe for a LONG time! Finally I got around to making it, and it’s about time!


WOW is all I have to say! So easy and it is the best apple sauce I have ever had.

I used a variety of apples, Gala, Honey Crisp and Macintosh. I am pretty sure you could use whatever apples you have and it would be fabulous!


What you need,

3 lbs. apples (use any kind you want)
¾ c. apple juice
2 tbsp. sugar
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon (optional, but awesome)
1½ tsp. lemon juice

Peel and slice all the apples. I sliced mine into about ¼ inch slices.
Add the apples to the slow cooker. Toss with the apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar.

Cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.

Once the apples are very tender, falling apart really, you can mash them with a potato masher or use an immersion blender to puree them. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.


This apple sauce is so packed with apple flavor, and the hint of cinnamon really adds a nice spice.
I used an immersion blender which made a really smooth puree, which was great but I think next time I would try the potato masher and leave it a bit chunkier!

So if you have a bag of apples in the fridge and don’t know what to do with them, make this apple sauce! It really is delicious!

Enjoy!

Jen

2 comments: