Sunday, September 6, 2015

One Pot Pasta with Zucchini & Mushrooms



This one pot pasta has been calling my name for months. I have seen a few varieties all over the internets and I finally couldn’t resist giving it a try.


I was worried the texture of the pasta wouldn’t be right, because you use so little water, but it really turned out great. It kind of makes its own sauce! It tastes fabulous!


What you need,

½ lb. spaghetti
½ lb. cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered
1 small zucchini, sliced & quartered (about 1 cup)
½ cup frozen peas
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 sprig fresh thyme
Salt/Pepper to taste
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. heavy cream

In a large pot combine 2½ cups water, the pasta, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper. I would start with about 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. You can adjust your seasonings later too.

Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat.  Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is tender and most of the water is gone. Stir occasionally just to help everything cook evenly.

Once the pasta is cooked and the veggies are tender remove the pot from the heat. Remove the thyme sprig and then stir in the cream and the Parmesan cheese.  Adjust the salt and Pepper to your taste.

Serve right away with a little extra cheese cause that never hurts!


This was such an easy dinner! All in one pot, you can’t get easier than that.
I think cooking pasta this way will be a common occurrence in my house now!
I can’t wait to try some other versions.

Enjoy!

Jen

recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
 

1 comment:

  1. Love how simple and fresh this is! It's definitely on my to-make list (even despite the peas)!!

    ReplyDelete