Sunday, February 21, 2016

Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins



I just realized that this is the 35th muffin recipe I have posted on this blog… 35‼ Who even knew there were 35 kinds of muffins??


I swear every time I make a new muffin recipe I think to myself these are my favorite muffins EVER‼!
I have thought this 35 times. But I swear these really are my favourite, well my newest favorite anyway.


They are so tender and amazing. The oats give them a bit of heartiness but don’t make them heavy. The fresh blueberries are little purple jewels of sweet flavor. These muffins are Amazing, seriously!


What you need,

1½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oats (I used quick cook because it is what I had)
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 large egg
¾ cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
8 oz. fresh blueberries

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla and mashed banana.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry and gently fold together until just combined. Don’t over mix here, or your muffins will be tough! No one wants a tough muffin.

Add all but about ¼ cup of the blueberries to the batter and fold in gently.

Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full.

Put 2 or 3 of the reserved blueberries on the top of each muffin.
Sprinkle with coarse sanding sugar if you want, I have no idea why you wouldn’t want to; I mean come on it is awesome.

Bake for 20-23 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.  Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.

You can store the muffins in an airtight container for 2 or 3 days or you can wrap each muffin in saran wrap and put them in a large zip top bag and keep them in the freezer.


I am obsessed with topping muffins with coarse sanding sugar. I do it ALL THE TIME! I can’t help it, it gives the muffins such a great crunch on top and I love that in a muffin!

I hope you like my new favourite muffins as much as I do!

Enjoy!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. These look great! And you can never have too many muffin recipes! They are a staple! I always have some in my freezer! I'm going to try these ones next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these ones look so good!! Had some cranberry ones last week that were most divine but blueberry anything are my weakness. Store bought ones are basically cake - I cannot wait to make these! Even the teenager is gonna love em! Hugs from our kitchen to yours! 💗

    ReplyDelete