Sunday, April 10, 2016

Steak & Mushroom Kebabs


It has felt more like summer than spring here this past week. I am totally not complaining, I will take all the warm sun I can get!

I decided to grill something for dinner last night but I wanted something a little different. I was just going to do steaks with sautéed mushrooms, which is always a summer favorite but then I thought why not turn it into a kebab, kebabs are fun!


I did a quick marinade for the beef and mushrooms, then grilled them hot and fast for a nice charred crust on the outside but the perfect tender medium inside. Man they were fantastic. These are going to be a summer staple for sure!


What you need,
For 2 people (4 kebabs)

1 large-ish strip steak, cut into 1½ inch pieces
8 medium white button mushrooms, stems trimmed
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
½ tsp. season salt
½ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper

In a large zip top bag combine the olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, season salt and pepper. Give the bag a shake to combine.
Place the cut beef in the bag and massage it around well.
Let that marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
Then, add the mushrooms and let that marinate again for another hour.

Thread the beef and the mushrooms onto the kebab holders, alternating the beef with the mushrooms; you will end up with about 3 pieces of beef and 2 mushrooms on each, depending on how big your kebab sticks are.

Heat the grill to high heat and brush the grate with a little oil.
Grill the kebabs for about 3-5 minutes per side depending on how well done you like your meat.

Let the kebabs rest for about 8 minutes before serving.


I served my lovely little kebabs with some boiled new potatoes with plenty of butter and dill, one of my all-time favourite summer sides!

Man, I hope this weather keeps up. I am so ready for summer!

Enjoy!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment