Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pesto Potato Salad


My sister has been making this Pesto Potato Salad for years and I love it! For some reason I had never made it myself? Weird…
So I whipped up a batch today and it was delish!


It is such a hard left turn from my usual potato salad. This is a good thing, it makes a great change.

It is simple to put together and tastes amazing, I suggest you make it the next time you barbeque some chicken or burgers. It will spice up your life!


What you need,

1lb. baby potatoes, red or white, halved, cooked and cooled
¼ cup sour cream
2 tbsp. mayo
2½ tbsp. pesto (I used jarred but you could use homemade)
3-4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
2 tbsp. finely diced red onion
¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese

In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, mayo and pesto until well combined.

In a large bowl combine the cooked potatoes, bacon and onion. Pour on the pesto sauce and gently fold together until everything is coated well.  Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese.

Serve right away or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.


This salad is really great, especially if you love pesto as much I do.
It is a great change up to the usual potato salad.

I am very glad I finally made this salad for myself! I will be making it again for sure!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from my Sister Kate! I think she adapted it from Company’s Coming years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I love all things pesto! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete